But says they need to be redone, so not that good a deal plus I imagine all the caps in the complex XOs need replacing too. That, or replacing them with digital EQ, XO, TD.
GM
On ebay in Bayshore, NY. Starting bid 999.00$. Seems like a good deal for someone looking for a pair of these big monitors. If I had an extra grand I would buy them
I talked to the owner and he had them reconed with the correct cones at some point.
2 UREI 813 Studio Monitors with 838 Time Aligned Crossovers Price REDUCED | eBay
But says they need to be redone, so not that good a deal plus I imagine all the caps in the complex XOs need replacing too. That, or replacing them with digital EQ, XO, TD.
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
The guy doesn't have a very good description on the listing. When I talked to him he said the eminence woofers need new surrounds. He said the 604's are in good working condition. Maybe because of his description they will keep coming down in price so I can buy them. Now if I can buy just the Altec woofers for less than 500 bucks....
- - - Updated - - -
How is it that 604G go for big bucks but the Urei 604G are not worth that much? Talking with Bill at GPA he told me that the two best horns on the duplex are the eggcrate and Urei. He did not think as highly of the little mantaray
They're JBL..........
'Name' recognition as they are associated with JBL?
Agree with Bill, the two small horns Altec used causes a big gap in the response through the XO BW. These drivers really 'want' a 900-1 kHz XO like the original and the big horn this requires/has. The Urei is a more modern day waveguide [WG] with damped slots to blend its LF with the woofer's matching BW a bit, so a pretty decent compromise between size/performance.
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

Would love to have those
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Not all vegetables make good leaders.
I remember now that at one time you mentioned to keep an eye out for those Pas drivers. They must not come up too often. I have had a saved search on eBay for Pas and Urei and I hardly ever see any woofers. There are a couple pair of Urei 804 on their right now but they are the later ones with tangerine phase plugs. If I could just find a mate for my annular slit metal phase plug Urei 604G!
Bookmarks